I purchased a demo 930D from Jacobsen in Corona, CA in 2013.It was delivered to La Pine, OR.
The first summer I used it after delivery there were no problems. The very next summer the right drive tire was flat. I took it in to the local Les Schwab and they found some rust where the bead seal was. They cleaned it up and remounted it.
Originally the dealer had changed the tires from turf to bar tires citing they were required to sell it as originally equipped. During the process of changing the tires they undoubtedly damaged the wheel. The very next summer it was again flat. When I complained to Grasshopper and Jacobsen their answer to the problem was to sell me a new tire and wheel at a discount of $30, which ended up costing me $180.
Mind you this issue came up during the two year warranty. So much for honoring their warranty. Now the left tail wheel is going flat. I had noticed some damage on the rim of the wheel upon delivery (don't know if it were done during demo use or delivery but was unconcerned as long as the wheel held air).
Now it's not. I'm not even going to contact Grasshopper or the dealer since I know it will be fruitless. The mower appears to be a solid mower (except for the wheels and tires).
The problem is the failure of Grasshopper and its dealers to take care of warranty issues with customers.If you buy one you may be left high and dry on warranty problems.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Front mower deck
- Sturdy frame and engine
What I disliked
- Poor quality tires and wheels
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Grasshopper Front Mount 930D
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
You May Also Like
- "A week and a half ago I was on my way home from work. I was in the left lane and a Trugreen truck was in the right lane. I..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "Carl the manager does not care about his residential clients. After 2 weeks of saying my lawn was dead, the manager, Carl, finally came out. He told me..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- " Hi to who it may concern on the 20th January I brought a nice and easy hair= dye did as instructed on box to do hair stran test even..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- "Oh how I wished I would have read these reviews before I purchased the wig for this SCAM of a business. I also did not get the right color of..."
- "I ordered a Gildan Hoodie Heliconia sz xl for a Christmas gift for one of the kids.It was a lt pink color that I thought I was ordering. What actually..."
- "After receiving horrible customer service and walking out on $3000 worth of furniture, 3 hours of time. We decided to go back and only purchase the coffee table and end..."