Grasshopper Mower - Tire and Wheel Issues

I purchased a demo 930D from Jacobsen in Corona, CA in 2013.It was delivered to La Pine, OR.

The first summer I used it after delivery there were no problems. The very next summer the right drive tire was flat. I took it in to the local Les Schwab and they found some rust where the bead seal was. They cleaned it up and remounted it.

Originally the dealer had changed the tires from turf to bar tires citing they were required to sell it as originally equipped. During the process of changing the tires they undoubtedly damaged the wheel. The very next summer it was again flat. When I complained to Grasshopper and Jacobsen their answer to the problem was to sell me a new tire and wheel at a discount of $30, which ended up costing me $180.

Mind you this issue came up during the two year warranty. So much for honoring their warranty. Now the left tail wheel is going flat. I had noticed some damage on the rim of the wheel upon delivery (don't know if it were done during demo use or delivery but was unconcerned as long as the wheel held air).

Now it's not. I'm not even going to contact Grasshopper or the dealer since I know it will be fruitless. The mower appears to be a solid mower (except for the wheels and tires).

The problem is the failure of Grasshopper and its dealers to take care of warranty issues with customers.If you buy one you may be left high and dry on warranty problems.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Front mower deck
    • Sturdy frame and engine
  • What I disliked
    • Poor quality tires and wheels

Reason of review:
Grasshopper Front Mount 930D
Review category
Landscaping and Gardening
review #695638 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Grasshopper Mower? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.