I purchased a demo 930D from Jacobsen in Corona, CA in 2013.It was delivered to La Pine, OR.
The first summer I used it after delivery there were no problems. The very next summer the right drive tire was flat. I took it in to the local Les Schwab and they found some rust where the bead seal was. They cleaned it up and remounted it.
Originally the dealer had changed the tires from turf to bar tires citing they were required to sell it as originally equipped. During the process of changing the tires they undoubtedly damaged the wheel. The very next summer it was again flat. When I complained to Grasshopper and Jacobsen their answer to the problem was to sell me a new tire and wheel at a discount of $30, which ended up costing me $180.
Mind you this issue came up during the two year warranty. So much for honoring their warranty. Now the left tail wheel is going flat. I had noticed some damage on the rim of the wheel upon delivery (don't know if it were done during demo use or delivery but was unconcerned as long as the wheel held air).
Now it's not. I'm not even going to contact Grasshopper or the dealer since I know it will be fruitless. The mower appears to be a solid mower (except for the wheels and tires).
The problem is the failure of Grasshopper and its dealers to take care of warranty issues with customers.If you buy one you may be left high and dry on warranty problems.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Front mower deck
- Sturdy frame and engine
What I disliked
- Poor quality tires and wheels
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Grasshopper Front Mount 930D
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
You May Also Like
- "On 6/26/16 I went to DiMeo Farms to pick blueberries at $1.66/pint. This was my first and LAST time at this farm. I pick a LOTof berries at one time,..."
- "I signed up with Trugreen lawn service and after the first 2 treatments, my grass was dead and I now have a brown lawn! I called customer service and..."
- "It took them 3 weeks to take care of one tree!! They had every excuse in the book not to comeback and finish the job! They have damaged my lawn..."
- "I found a brown slimmy substance in my Arizona green tea, I am never again buying Arizona products!!! That is very nasty! ..."
- "I ORDERED a COMFORTABLE FABRIC COVERED, CAMO COLORED, AUTO-INFLATABLE LIFE JACKET (full size) by item number listed with picture and description as advertised on their website - I received..."
- "Jim Horn of Cloudcap Construction in Eugene Oregon did a very poor job installing doors, and window and baseboard trim and molding in my home. He installed a..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "I bought steel toe womens new balance sneakers on June 16, 2016 little less then six months old. Wear them 3-4 days a week. Most of my day is sitting..."