I purchased a demo 930D from Jacobsen in Corona, CA in 2013.It was delivered to La Pine, OR.
The first summer I used it after delivery there were no problems. The very next summer the right drive tire was flat. I took it in to the local Les Schwab and they found some rust where the bead seal was. They cleaned it up and remounted it.
Originally the dealer had changed the tires from turf to bar tires citing they were required to sell it as originally equipped. During the process of changing the tires they undoubtedly damaged the wheel. The very next summer it was again flat. When I complained to Grasshopper and Jacobsen their answer to the problem was to sell me a new tire and wheel at a discount of $30, which ended up costing me $180.
Mind you this issue came up during the two year warranty. So much for honoring their warranty. Now the left tail wheel is going flat. I had noticed some damage on the rim of the wheel upon delivery (don't know if it were done during demo use or delivery but was unconcerned as long as the wheel held air).
Now it's not. I'm not even going to contact Grasshopper or the dealer since I know it will be fruitless. The mower appears to be a solid mower (except for the wheels and tires).
The problem is the failure of Grasshopper and its dealers to take care of warranty issues with customers.If you buy one you may be left high and dry on warranty problems.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Front mower deck
- Sturdy frame and engine
What I disliked
- Poor quality tires and wheels
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Grasshopper Front Mount 930D
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
You May Also Like
- "On 6/26/16 I went to DiMeo Farms to pick blueberries at $1.66/pint. This was my first and LAST time at this farm. I pick a LOTof berries at one time,..."
- "While they were all very polite, the work done was far from professional. We asked for our existing patio to be re-leveled and extended and our old deck replaced with..."
- "I hired TruGreen last Spring (2015) to eliminate weeds in my lawn. Upon receiving my first bill for 2016, I called to say I did not hire them this..."
- "I have enjoyed the food, service, and fun at Rising Sun AKA Fong's for over 20 years but today after finding a dried up piece of a foreign object..."
- "So, just bought this fifth wheel.keystone sprinter 324fwbhs I wanted an all seasons for the hot months and cold months. They have a sticker posted on the left next to..."
- "I rented a truck to move across country and the truck leaked, soaking my mattress set and a painting. I provided current quotes from the manufacturer and photos of the..."
- "See Carnival Cruise Experience To whom it may concern: My husband and I went on the Carnival Splendor on September 24, 2016. This was not my first cruise with Carnival, nor..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."